1. Personal identification information. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
2. Non-personal identification information. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
4. How we use collected information. WebSafety may collect and use Users’ personal information for, inter alia, the following purposes:
– To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
– To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
– To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
– To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to Users’ orders. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they may receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
– To comply with the law
5. How we protect your information. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Although we undertake measures to prevent unauthorized access, third parties may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access information or other confidential transmissions.
6. Sharing of information. We may share aggregated demographic information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties.
7. Services; Third-Party Materials. This Site may enable access to WebSafety’s and/or third-party services and websites and may be used with certain products provided by WebSafety (collectively and individually, “Services”). Use of the Services requires Internet access and use of certain Services requires you to accept additional terms. You understand that by using any of the Services, you may encounter content that may be deemed vulgar, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that the results of any search or entering of a particular URL may automatically and unintentionally generate links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Services at your sole risk and that neither WebSafety nor its agents shall have any liability to you for content that may be found to be vulgar, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, or for any exposure to said content. You acknowledge that not all vulgar, offensive, indecent, or objectionable content or terminology will be intercepted or recognized by WebSafety systems, algorithms and/or databases, and not all such materials will necessarily result in alerts or other notifications to a user. The Services may include software such as a WebSafety application or smart-phone “app,” a web-based portal interface, etc. (collectively, “WebSafety application”). Because one purpose of the Websafety application is to assist parents in monitoring or preventing potential exposure to or use of objectionable content by their children, a parent may be more likely to be exposed to the objectionable content as part of this monitoring effort. Please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com to provide input and suggestions about how WebSafety systems and/or processes can accomplish their goals more effectively, including additional offensive terminology proposed for inclusion in WebSafety screening databases. By submitting ideas, you should consider that WebSafety may use them and that they become property of Websafety; you hereby assign all rights in submitted ideas to WebSafety. WebSafety shall have no liability for any failure to identify or screen for offensive material, for any failure to alert a user to offensive material, or for any failure to prevent exposure to any offensive material.
Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. For example, Third Party Materials may provide insight to parents and other users regarding techniques to further the safety and well-being of their children. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that neither WebSafety nor its agents are responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. Neither WebSafety nor its agents warrant or endorse, nor do they assume and or have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third party services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites, if any, are provided solely as a convenience to you.
Any location data provided by any Services may not be sufficiently accurate or updated for all purposes and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate, time-delayed or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Financial information displayed by any Services, if any, is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as investment advice. Before executing any securities transaction based upon information obtained through the Services, you should consult with a financial or securities professional who is legally qualified to give financial or securities advice in your country or region. Neither WebSafety nor its agents, nor any of its content providers guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of stock information, location data or any other data displayed by any Services.
You agree that the Services contain proprietary content, information and material that may be owned by WebSafety and/or its agents or licensors, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that you will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way that is inconsistent with instructions provided on the Site, with any product sold by WebSafety, with the terms of this Agreement or that infringes any intellectual property rights of a third party. No portion of the Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services, in any manner, and you shall not exploit the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, using the Services to transmit any computer viruses, worms, trojan horses or other malware, or by trespass or unreasonably burdening network capacity. The Site and WebSafety products are intended for you to improve safety for monitoring activities and/or devices of persons to whom you are related (e.g., your children), persons for whom you are legally responsible, and/or persons you are otherwise authorized to assist in these matters. Consistent with the foregoing, you agree not to use the Services in any improper or illegal manner. Neither Websafety nor its agents are in any way responsible for any improper or illegal use by you or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using any of the Services.
In addition, Services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from the Site are not available in all languages or in all countries or regions. WebSafety makes no representation that such Services and Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to use or access such Services and Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. WebSafety reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any Services at any time without notice. In no event will WebSafety be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such Services. WebSafety may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain Services, in any case and without notice or liability.
You acknowledge and agree, and are hereby informed, that the WebSafety application or software may collect information such as the user’s location or behavior. For example, parents can use this software to be informed of the location and behavior of their children.
You also acknowledge and agree, and hereby authorize, that the WebSafety application may provide parental access to the personal and confidential information of their children. For example, the WebSafety application can be used to publish or disclose childrens’ private and confidential information, non-public contacts, or any other information that is not publicly accessible. You hereby represent that you are an authorized parent or guardian and are accordingly authorized to access or view this information.
You acknowledge and agree that the WebSafety application may interact with and/or send and receive data to and from various hardware or software modules in one or more electronic devices. For example, during installation of the WebSafety application on a user’s device, a visual display may indicate that “WebSafety needs access to” various items, which can include, e.g., “Device & app history”; “Identity”; “Contacts”; “Location”; “SMS”; “Photos/Media/Files”; “Wi-Fi connection information”; “Device ID & call information.” Clicking “Accept” or otherwise continuing with installation further confirms your agreement hereunder. You hereby authorize all access to and use of all data that may be obtained from or sent to any of the above-listed items, or otherwise (e.g., from a camera, a microphone, etc.), in connection with the WebSafety application. The items interacted with by the WebSafety application may change from time to time, at WebSafety’s discretion.
9. Your acceptance of these terms. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
3415 S. Sepulveda Blvd Ste. 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Last updated: January 2, 2015